Tvoop is a live streaming website. You may use Tvoop to live stream your own channel 24/7 or as often as you wish. Each Tvoop account may have one or more channels, but you may only Live stream one channel at a time. You may use Tvoop and live stream for free using its public or private channel features. However, if you wish to live stream on a pay-per-view (PPV) basis, you may have to pay a fee to Tvoop, which will depend on many factors such as bandwidth, duration, number of viewers and frequency of the channel. Viewing Tvoop channels is free, unless the channel is a pay-per-view channel, in which case you will have to pay a fee to the broadcaster to watch the channel.
Tvoop also enables its users to record their shows as these shows are being streamed live and offer the
recordings to their viewers, either for free or on a PPV basis. Tvoop also allows for videos to be uploaded, which
may be offered to the viewers as on-demand PPV videos.
Anyone with a computer and a broadband internet connection may use Tvoop to live stream. Of course, you will
need a camera and microphone as well. To view a channel you only need a computer with the
latest Adobe Flash Player. You may obtain the latest Adobe Flash Player at adobe.com
- Create an Account. In order to create your own account, please click on "Create Account" link on the main page. Then choose your own unique username and enter your email address. For security reasons, please retype the security words in
the "CAPTCHA" box. Tvoop will then send you a confirmation email containing a preselected password. You
must login using your username and password. You may later change the preselected password and create
your very own.
if you do not receive your confirmation email, please check your spam box.
- Editing Your Account. You must be logged in to edit your account. Once logged in, click on "Account" on the top right corner and edit your account using the "Account" tab. After you have made your changes, click on "Save" to save your
- Delete Your Account. You may delete your account by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your account will be deleted and you will receive a confirmation email.
- Profile. You must be logged in to edit your Profile. Click on "Account" and select the "Profile" tab. After you have made your changes, click on "Save" to save your new settings.
- Forgot username/password. In case you have forgotten your username and/or your password, please click on "Request New Password" An email will be sent to you containing your username and a link to reset your password. For security reasons, you must reset your password.
- How to view a channel. In order to view a channel, you must first locate that channel through "Search". Please see below.
- Search for a channel/Filter channel names. If you know the name of a specific channel, you must enter at least the first three letters of the channel name into the "Search" box. Once you see the channel name, click on it. You may search for a channel by browsing through the "Category" field. Once found, then click on it. You may also search for a channel by filtering the channels using the filter option.
- Difficulty viewing. If you have difficulty viewing our main page, you must make sure that you have the latest flash player installed on your computer. You may get the latest flash player by clicking on adobe.com. Some specific difficulties include:
- Black screen: If you only see a black screen, it is possible that the channel is not being broadcast.
- Flickering picture: If the channel you are watching flickers, it could be as a result of low broadcaster bandwidth, inferior broadcasting equipment, and/or low internet speeds.
- Private channels. You may view private channels only if you have been pre-authorized by the broadcaster. You must be logged in to view a private channel.
- Pay-per-view channels: You must be logged in to view pay-per-view channels. Once you are logged in You will then see the cost of viewing this channel. Please make sure that you are aware of Tvoop's Terms and Conditions, as well as Tvoop's Transaction Disclaimer. Only then proceed with purchasing that channel. Click on "Buy Ticket" and follow the instructions. The system will automatically route you to www.PayPal.com. You may now use your PayPal account and/or use a credit or debit card to pay the required fee. Once the transaction has been completed, Tvoop will automatically show you your ticket number. Please copy and paste and save this ticket number in a safe place. An email will also be sent to you containing your ticket number. Once you have your ticket number
and you are ready to watch the show, you have to copy and paste it in the "Activate Ticket" to activate it. Once the ticket has been activated, you may enjoy the show. Each ticket may only be used on one computer at a time.
Broadcasting (Live Streaming)
The following are instructions for live streaming using Tvoop's internal encoder. You do not need to download
any additional software for this option. However, if you are looking for streaming in higher qualities, please look
below for Live Streaming using External Encoder, for which you must down load the latest Adobe Flash Media
You must have an account and be logged in to broadcast.
- How do you create a channel? There are two ways to create a channel. Either way, you must be logged in to create a channel:
- You may click on "Broadcast Now" button and click on "New Channel" button. This will take you to a new page, where you may enter specific information about your channel and click on "Save". Please note that in order to create a channel, the only information you have to enter is the channel name. All other information is optional. However, we highly recommend to enter as much information as possible, in order to make your channel as searchable and visible as possible.
- Once logged in, click on "Channels" at the top right menu. This will redirect you to "Manage My Channels" page, where you may click on "+ New Channel" Button. This will take you to a new page, where you may enter specific information about your channel and click on "Save". Please note that in order to create a channel, the only information you have to enter is the channel name. All other information is optional. However, we highly recommend that you enter as much information as you can in order to make your channel as searchable and visible as possible.
- How to start live streaming. Once you have created a channel the simplest way to broadcast is to click on "Broadcast Now" button at the top right of your screen. A screen will pop up containing a list of all your channels. Click on "Broadcast". The broadcasting pop up window will appear. At this time, the system will prompt you to "Allow" or "Deny" access to your camera and Microphone. Once you click on the "Allow" button you will see a preview screen. The system will not broadcast unless you click on "Start Broadcast". The system will automatically and by default broadcast in "Simple" mode. You may choose to access more features by clicking on "Advanced" button. For more please see below.
- How to broadcast "off-air" videos/slideshows/pictures. You must be logged in. Click on "Channels" at the top right menu, which will take you to "Manage My Channels" page, where you will see a list of your channels. Click on "Edit" in front of that particular channel name. On "Edit" tab, click on "Off Air" button. Choose Video or Slide show in the drop down menu, where you may upload a video or images for your slide show, which will play when you are not broadcasting live.
- Difficulty broadcasting
- Error messages: Most issues may be resolved by rebooting your system. However, if that does not solve the problem, you may report it to us through "Contact Us" page or send an email to email@example.com. Additionally, you may refer to our technical forum, where you may find solutions suggested by other users with same or similar problems.
- Cannot see "preview" window: Most issues may be resolved by rebooting your system. However, if that does not solve the problem, you may report it to us through "Contact Us" page or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, you may refer to our technical forum, where you may find solutions suggested by other users with same or similar problems.
- Broadcasting button cannot be selected: Most issues may be resolved by rebooting your system. However, if that does not solve the problem, you may report it to us through "Contact Us" page or send an email to email@example.com. Additionally, you may refer to our technical forum, where you may find solutions suggested by other users with same or similar problems.
- Choppy broadcasting/frequent Disconnection: If you get disconnected frequently, this may be as a result of your inconsistent internet connection or equipment malfunction. Please note that your bandwidth plays a major role in the quality and consistency of your stream. Your bandwidth increases and decreases frequently; therefore it will have a major effect on your streaming. We suggest that you set your "Video Quality" in your broadcasting panel to a reasonable rate. You may monitor and test your speed and bandwidth by using many online services and sites, such as www.speakeasy.net/speedtest or www.speedtest.net
- Message: Another user is broadcasting right now. You may get this message when your channel is being broadcast by you or your co-host from a different computer. For a definition of "Co-Hosting" and to become familiar with this concept, please refer to "Co-Hosting" Section below.
- Advanced options: You may broadcast in "simple" as well as "advanced" mode. In the "simple" mode you may only adjust the microphone volume and choose between normal and HD quality if available. However, in the advanced mode you may do the following:
- Turn video & audio broadcast on or off
- Adjust video quality and resolution
- Adjust frame rate (picture quality)
- Adjust the volume
- Adjust sample rate (sound quality)
- Creating private channels: Follow the same procedure above for creating a channel. Once a channel is created, click on "Access" tab and click on "Type" drop down box and choose "private". You may now enter the usernames of everyone you wish to authorize to watch your channel.
- Co-Broadcasting: Allowing another broadcaster to broadcast your channel You must be logged in. Click on "Account". Click on "Channels". Once you see a list of your channels, click on "edit", click on "Co-Broadcaster" tab, add the user you would like to authorize to broadcast your channel (Co-Broadcaster) and click on save. The name of this channel will now appear under the list of channels of your Co-Broadcaster and this person will now be authorized to broadcast your channel.
- Sharing your channel: Any channel may be shared using the "Share Widget". You do not have to be logged in to use this feature. The share widget is located below the viewing screen. The share widget enables you to:
- Add it to your browser favorites/bookmark.
- Email the link.
- Share the channel on may popular social networking sites such as facebook and many other choices.
Live Streaming & Viewing Pay-Per-View Channels
You must have an account and be logged in to broadcast.
- Viewing Pay-per-view channels:
You must be logged in to view pay-per-view channels. You will then see the cost of viewing this channel. Please make sure that you are aware of Tvoop's Terms and Conditions, as well as Tvoop's Transaction Disclaimer. Only then proceed with purchasing that channel. Click on "Buy Ticket" and follow the instructions. The system will automatically route you to www.PayPal.com. You may now use your PayPal account and/or use a credit or debit card to pay the required fee. Once the transaction has been completed, Tvoop will automatically show you your ticket number. Please copy and paste and save this ticket number in a safe place. An email will also be sent to you containing your ticket number. Once you have your ticket number and you are ready to watch the show, you have to copy and paste it in the "Activate Ticket" to activate it. Once the ticket has been activated, you may enjoy the show. Each ticket may only be used on one computer at the same time.
- Live Streaming Pay-Per-View channels:
Follow the same procedure above for creating a channel. Once a channel is created, click on "Paid Channel" tab, then click and enable "Paid Channel". At this stage you have two options:
- To create a daily/weekly/monthly PPV channel: Following this route, you will have a PPV channel, which
could be set for a duration of one day/week/or month. Here you may set the duration of the channel, as well as
its cost per day, week or month. Under Paypal return URL, you will set where the viewers will get routed back,
after a successful PayPal transaction. We have also giving you the option to create an email, which will be sent
to every viewer, who purchases your show.
- To create a multi-event PPV Channel: Click on "Create Pay-per-View Event" (Blue button. By following
the instructions, you may create multiple PPV events. An example would be a convention or seminar with
multiple speakers, each speaking on different days, at different times. Once an event has been created, you
may edit it by clicking on "List Events". This is where you may set advanced options, such as frequency of
repeat, end date, etc.
Please note that for all transactions will be deposited into and routed through Tvoop's Paypal account. After deduction of PayPal and Tvoop fees, the balance will be deposited into your PayPal account.
This option is for users who are more familiar with live streaming and would feel comfortable downloading the latest version of Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, installing and using it.
Please start Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder and on you browser go to Tvoop.com and log in. Choose the channel you would like to live stream. Click on "Broadcast Now". After the system tests your speed and you are on the "Broadcast Now" window, and you have clicked on "Allow" so that the Adobe Flash Player could access your camera and microphone, Click on the green button "Broadcast With External Encoder". On the "Use External Encoder" Window, select your stream type. (We recommend H264). If you are broadcasting a specific show, choose your show, otherwise leave this option blank. If you are planning on saving a recording of your live streaming, choose the option by clicking in the box and then hit start. The system will automatically generate 2 links, which need to be copied and pasted into flash media live encoder. Copy to Clipboard the first stream and alternate between "Use External Encoder" window and the Flash Media Live Encoder, "Encoding Options" tab and paste them in the respective "FMS URL" and "Stream" locations and click on "connect". Please ensure that the "save to file" box is unchecked. It is here, where you may set your video's frame rate, aspect ratio, bit rate, input and output rates and your audio's Format, Channel, sample rate and bit rate. Once you are satisfied with your settings, click on "Start"
On your broadcasting panel/window you may choose to record your channel/show by clicking on the "Record Broadcast in Archive" radio button. This must be done before starting the broadcast. Each recording is limited to a maximum of 60 minutes. The same can be done using the External Encoder.
You must be logged in to upload your videos. Click on the blue “Upload Video” button. Name your video, select your file and upload it, write a little about it, assign it to a specific channel and/or show. If you have not created a show leave the show option blank. Once you are done, then click on “Save”. Once the video is uploaded, you may share it for free or make that to a PPV video. If you wish to offer your videos on a PPV basis, you must enable the channel as a paid channel and then go to edit each video and assign a cost for viewing to it.
Extracts are short clips, which a user may create from a broadcaster's recording. Simply go to a broadcaster's page. Click on "Recordings", and click on the recording you would like to watch. While the specific recording is playing, click on to start "extracting" the highlight of that recording and follow the instructions.
You must be logged in to use the text chat. Simply start typing in the chat box and click on send or hit enter. Your text will appear in the box above and you may wait for a response.
Reporting Inappropriate Content
While watching a channel, you may report inappropriate content clicking on "Report Abuse" button and completing the "Report Abuse" form.
How to Rate a Channel or Leave Comments
You must be logged in to rate a channel. While watching a channel, click on the stars right below the screen.
Please refer to our Copyright Policy at www.tvoop.com/copyright-policy
Safety & Security
Please refer to our Safety and Security policy at www.tvoop.com/safety-security
Terms & Conditions
Please refer to our Terms & Conditions at http://www.tvoop.com/terms
You may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on "Contact Us" link at the bottom right side of the page.